You deserve a break from the chaos of the city. Imagine waking up to the soothing sounds of nature, taking leisurely walks in picturesque landscapes, and indulging in delicious meals made from fresh local ingredients. The Buransh Retreat is the perfect place to make these dreams a reality.
IT’S NOT JUST A RESORT, IT’S AN EXPERIENCE
We take our name from The Buransh (Rhododendron) the state tree of Uttarakhand. We celebrate life in our expansive Himalayan Retreat, where you can amble along, tranquil tea gardens, farmlands, verdant green forests- home of exotic birds …and of course the stupendous Himalaya encircling the retreat. An oasis away from hustle and bustle of the city, The Buransh Retreat offers the perfect, quiet, relaxed weekend in unforgettable surroundings.
The Buransh Retreat offers the perfect, quiet, relaxed weekend in unforgettable surroundings.
You will not have a dull moment at The Buransh Retreat. If you want to connect with nature, we will be happy to plan out a trek or jungle-walk – from a short 2 hour amble to a more strenuous all-day hike through the Peenath forest. The area is ideal for bird watching & photography. The Ekwa Binsar hike lets you explore the villages of Naughar and Dauni.
You can also drive across the Katyur valley to the ancient town of Bageshwar. We also arrange trips to the Baijnath or Rudradhari temples; the Anashakti Ashram, Anamay Vedic Ashram & Lakshmi Ashram; Sumitranandan Pant Gallery & Sarla Behn Museum which are in close proximity. For the shopper – there are woolens, handicrafts, local tea and food products.
If you prefer to relax with a book, there are plenty of snug nooks on the premises where the mesmerizing view is the only thing that well keep you from your book! On request, a slideshow on Uttarkhand Darshan can be arranged for you in the evening at the Resort.
MESSAGE FROM THE CEO
I wished Uttarakhand had a center for performing arts, and once I got retired at the age of 62, I felt this fire still burning inside my heart to transform my dream into reality. With this focus and zeal I created an art center cum retreat in a remote village of Uttarakhand where artists from all over the world could come and practice their art, share and teach the locals and school children.
The aim is to connect the tourists with the Himalayas, the people and the culture by way of guided treks to Bhatkote, Aqua Binsar, Pindari Glacier, Sunerdhunga glaciers of Bageshwar district and through cultural and development activities in the nearby remote villages and places.
You can also drive across the Katyur Valley to the ancient town of Bageshwar. We also arrange trips to the Baijnath or Rudradhari temples; the Anashakti Ashram, Anamay Vedic Ashram & Lakshmi Ashram; Sumitranandan Pant Gallery & Sarla Behn Museum, which are nearby. For the shopper – there are woolens, handicrafts, local tea, and food products.
I hope you have a memorable stay at The Buransh. I am looking forward to connecting with you.
Check out our amazing facilities and services!
- Welcome Drink on Arrival (Non-Alcoholic).
- You will be awestruck with our evening slideshow on Uttarakhand Darshan.
- Bonfire along with DJ will keep you warm in wintry nights.
- Half an hour guided hike around The Buransh Retreat will make you aware about the local wildlife and the village lifestyle.
- Hang around in our books & game café; read some good old books, indulge yourself into a game of carom or chess, and you are set for the day.
- For shopping lovers, we offer a wide range of organic extravaganza at our handicraft shop. All the products are sourced from local organizations and artisans, wherein 100% of the profit earned is returned to them.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (24*7) at conference hall, reception, lobby & restaurant.
- Overnight trekking & camping to nearby wilderness.
- Expansive Conference Hall, 100% power backup, Basic first Aid kit, Parking facility, laundry service, Cab on call.